- phone alarm starts playing the theme song to "Air Wolf" to wake me up, I hit snooze.
- Airwolf...Snooze...Repeat (3 more times)
- Finally give into the alarm, roll outta' bed, pee, do an ABC shower
- Grab meals my wife lovingly prepared to get me off to a good caloric start
- Arrive at work after blazing through traffic at speeds that are more fitting to a bullet bike than a Honda Element
I am now confronted with 2 options:
- Take the elevator, maintain composure, and be ready to get on the phone with a customer
- Take the stairs, start sweating & breathing like I just gave birth to a 10 pound kid, log into my phone and wait about 5 min. to get my breath back, then start my calls.
- Leave work and head over for my first day at school
- Take a pretty good hike from parking to the building.
My classroom is one above the main floor. I took the stairs ... but only because the elevator was far enough away that it was actually easier to take the stairs.
- First class lets out, second class is on the other side of campus, no time to walk so I drove. (P.S. first class had chairs and desks I can fit in, hallelujah!)
- Late for class 2 walk fast to the building.
Same scenario. I took the elevator.
Which is more important to me? Composure and the assurance that no one will look at me as I gasp for air at the top of the stairs or the benifits that 3 flights of stairs, 3 days a week for the next semester will have on my heart, my health and my weight.
No more elevators for me!
Side note: Dodged the gauntlet of free crap food being given away by vendors for the first day of school kickoff. Surprised how it's becoming easier to pass stuff by.